Velká pardubická is a famous cross-country steeplechase run in Pardubice, Czech Republic since 1874, although the town of Pardubice had long been known in the horse racing world. Even some trainers and jockeys from England came here to work. The current steeplechase course was established in 1856 and has been changed several times. Some obstacles have also been changed, mostly to improve safety, although the difficulty of the race is said to have suffered as a result.
This both sport and social event takes place every year on the second Sunday in October. Some sources consider Velká Pardubická as the most difficult race in Continental Europe.
- Historically, the most successful horse who won the race four times was Železník. The horse was nicknamed “Sabre-toothed tiger” for his two extra teeth. (fourth picture)
- Josef VáňaSr. (fourth and fifth picture) is the most successful jockey, having achieved eight victories, four of them on Železník, also holds record in the most ridden races.
- Peter Gehm was the first to win the race four times in a row.
- The fastest horse was Sixteen with time 8:59,9 min
- The first woman to compete and to win the race was Lata Brandis.
- In 1909 no horse finished the race (only 3 horses ran that year and none of them made it to the finish).
- Taxis Ditch is the fourth fence (100 cm deep and 400 cm long ditch with a 150 cm high hedge) and the most famous obstacle in the race. 28 horses have died at this obstacle. (second, third and the last picture)
- In the past Taxis consisted of a 200 cm deep and 500 cm long ditch hidden behind a 150 cm high hedge.
Super Mario vs Pacman by Unknown
This was a ride from beginning to end
This was so entertaining to watch
|—||literally the dumbest question to ask a shy person ever (via gnarly)|
Spread this. Share this. Do this. Yes.
Reblogging because…..yes. Do this.
Not what I usually reblog but holy chaos that’s smart
My parents made sure me and my sister had a passwords for this exact reason. I even still remember the password…
Let’s begin with “in to" vs. "into”:
Before this adorable little pig turns into bacon, let’s enjoy this cute GIF.
Here is the difference between “onto" and "on to”:
“On to" is similar to "in to”: “on" is an adverb and “to" is a …
Skoro se mi to nechce ani věřit, ale je to tak. Konečně jsem dodělala poslední kapitoly Skrytého nepřítele a mohu je vám sem všechny dnes… Blog.cz - Stačí otevřít a budeš v obraze.
Trvalo mi to déle, než jsem chtěla, ale je to tu. Závěrečné tři kapitoly a epilog Skrytého nepřítele.
Budu vděčná za jakýkoliv komentář. :-)